Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Breakfast Sausage and Country Fries Bento

Good morning! I've made an other breakfast-lunch bento! What's that? Brunch? Nah...Breakfast-Lunch.



Update/explanation for the uber-lag on posting: I've been whooping butt against some pesky infections. Apparently some bugs thought they'd make a nice cozy home for themselves in my body while my immune system was laying low. Nope, wrong.

So I've been healing and detoxing and eating very simply (read: boring food.) This is the first bento I'd made since...whenever I posted last. Long time. A blessed burst of energy + plenty of inspiration from our local farmer's market = BENTO TIME!




What we got here:  
*Homemade breakfast sausage patties (2/3 turkey, 1/3 beef, tasty seasonings) pan-fried with a bit of ghee and glazed with maple syrup and coconut aminos (it's like soy sauce, but without the soy. Good stuff.) 
*Ginger pickled carrots. Fulla probiotics: bonus.
*Yellow summer squash flowers and fresh shiso leaves. I added a few drops of coconut aminos to the cut parts of the squash flowers for additional "pop".


And here: 
*A variety of fingerling potatoes from the farmer's market. So yeah, that's a pinkish potato. Fancy stuff. I took these wonderful Washington-grown taters, cut 'em up...THEN FRIED THEM IN BACON FAT. Yes, indeedy. I went there. Your welcome hubs. 
*Also featured: some kind of snazzy broccoli like greens (the nice lady told me their name and I promptly forgot it). These are steamed and tossed with a light and refreshing lemon-miso sauce.

That's all folk!


No comments:

Post a Comment