Friday, February 7, 2014

Fruit and Bentos

You may have noticed that I don't usually pack fruit in my bentos. I like to save that real estate for more veggies! That way I know I'll have room for simmered veggies, raw veggies, pickled veggies, sauteed veggies...mmmm. And of course a starch and protein too!



In our home fruit is usually eaten for breakfast in the form of amazing smoothies or juices. A fresh juice is also the perfect pick-me-up in the afternoon. Often I'll make my veggie juice in the morning and then I'll juice some extra, seal it tightly in a mason jar and pop it in the fridge. When my hubby comes home after work there's a jar of liquid perfection waiting for him!



Fruit digests best when it's eaten on its own, especially on an empty stomach. Fruit and meat definitely don't get along digestion-wise. That's an other reason why when I'm packing meat I leave the fruit out.

It makes for a happier tummy! For more information google "food combining."

No comments:

Post a Comment